Monday, August 29, 2011

Life is a Taboret


After a long, lovely relationship, I finally decided to retire my much-loved (and still beautiful) white Chinese garden stool.


Its simple shape and creamy white finish made it a great accent piece in my living room.  There's nothing really wrong with the stool, but recently, a new one entered my life:



This vintage brass taboret (or tabouret) came along just as I decided to get over my fear of gold tones and bring them into my home.  The strapwork and rivets provide a lot of interest and, like the Chinese garden stool, this stool is proving to be a very handy little side table, as well as occasional extra seating.  While I know some people would have left the original patina on the stool alone, I love mine shined up and sparkling!

No comments:

Post a Comment